[Pdns-users] Lua RequestorIP and Forward Zone?

John Kimble fafafa888 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 07:20:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I wrote a Lua PreResolve script to give variable answer based on
RequestorIP. The script works fine when the query is directed to the
resolver. I tried to implement forward-zone with this setup and ran
into problem because the RequestorIP becomes the forwarding Resolver's
IP address instead of the initial requesting client's address.

Setup:

Client ->requests-> Vanilla PDNS resolver ->forwards to-> Lua PDNS resolver

The script does not work now because I'm getting Vanilla's IP address
instead of client's IP address. Is there any workaround? The reason
for forward is to reduce the performance impact of calling a Lua
script for every resolving query.