[Pdns-users] MySQL Backend - Multiple Tables?

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Tue Jul 10 22:12:18 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 02:56:10 PM Andrew Melton wrote:
> Thanks, so adding something like this to the end of pdns.conf:
>
> gmysql-basic-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from blocks
> where type='%s' and name='%s' and name like '%.4.1.domain.com'
> gmysql-basic-query=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name from records
> where type='%s' and name='%s' and name not like '%.4.1.domain.com'
>
> Ideally, I'd like to resolve www.4.1.domain.com using the `blocks` table
> and everything else using the records table.

You'll have to express that in SQL (case/when etc) in a single statement. You
can't have two gmysql-basic-query options, I don't think.

Also, PDNS gets most of it's data from gmysql-any-query.

Also, IMO, unless records is many tens of millions of rows, I doubt it's worth
splitting. And if it is, you might be better served with a pipe backend, since
your records are probably programatically generated anyway.

--
When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to
give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from