[Pdns-users] AXFR Error: Unknown record was stored incorrectly, need 3 fields, got 1

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:02:09 UTC 2012

Sorry, I sent this to Peter directly and did not CC the list...

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Peter van Dijk <peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
> wrote:

> Hello Anthony,
>
> On Jul 3, 2012, at 17:41 , Anthony Eden wrote:
>
> > I am using PowerDNS 3 with a MySQL backend and am attempting an AXFR,
> however I am receiving the following error for a URL record (which we store
> and handle with a custom backend during normal resolution)
> >
> >   Exception: Unknown record was stored incorrectly, need 3 fields, got 1
> >
> > This error is described in http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/ticket/156 and
> is marked as resolved. That was against 2.9.21 however so I wonder if this
> is a regression or something else?
>
> URL records are not supported in PowerDNS 3 and up. How does your custom
> backend handle AXFR? Or are you leaving AXFR to a gsql backend?
>
> Kind regards,

My goal was to have AXFR on its own host and use a gqsl backend. It seems
that it is blowing up on some other non-standard record types we have as
well, so I think a custom AXFR backend is probably the best choice at this
time. What do you think?

-Anthony

--
http://anthonyeden.com | twitter: @aeden | skype: anthonyeden