[Pdns-users] Per Zone objects limit

PARTH MONGA kprprl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:52:14 UTC 2012

Dear Power Users

I am using PDNS in my production environment with mysql as backend ( native
mysql/slave replication)
My query is:
What is the maximum number of objects per zone one can have in PDNS.
What is the maximum number of sub-domains which can be created per zone
wise in PDNS? For ex can i stretch upto 15000 sub domains under one parent
domain/

AS BIND allows for 16777216. Microsoft DNS is said to be stable to 20K
objects per zone and am sure on the longest domain name possible is 255
characters with no label (peice between dots) to be longer than 63
characters per DNS spec.

Please show some light on this.

Thanks & Regards
Parth