[Pdns-users] Yet another PDNS management GUI

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Fri Feb 3 16:24:54 UTC 2012

Hello Magnus,

On Feb 3, 2012, at 17:05 , Magnus Engström wrote:

> I have developed an application to manage our growing number of PowerDNS servers.
> It is called AOEU PowerDNS GUI (because I like the Dvorak keyboard layout, and named our company after it).
>
> It runs on the Java VM, and can handle multiple servers.
> There is also filtering and copying/renaming functionality.
>
> It is usable in its current form, although lacking a couple of features, such as searching and server statistics, among many.
> More functionality will come :)
>
> Source code will be released in a couple of days.
>
> It supports the general MySQL backend right now, PostgreSQL support will soon follow.
>
> Take a look at http://pdns.aoeu.info - I'd love some critique!

It looks good! One tip: on the screenshot page you say ""Here are the database details entered. There will also be support for managing the actual PowerDNS daemon through a SSH connection."" - are you aware that pdns_control supports remote hosts? I would suggest suggesting both methods (SSH and pdns_control --remote-address).

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk