[Pdns-users] Few query about PDNS

Marc Haber mh+pdns-users at zugschlus.de
Mon Dec 17 17:03:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 05:38:22PM +0530, Manish Rane wrote:
> Absolutely wondering if check scripts from nagios can be utilized for the
> same and of course with lower TTL values to have the changes propagated
> rapidly.

"Rapidly" being in the order of about a minute in the best case
without causing too much load on your systems. And then there are the
ISPs that have their recursors configured to fudge "too small" TTL up
again, rendering your scheme inefficient.

> I sincerely urge pdns masters if they would like to spare some time and
> write a quick php or bash script which could do this trick.

Well, there are PowerDNS consultants avaiable on the market who can
build such a setup for a small fee. I guess that it would be two or
three days to a tested and documented version, but I am famous for
underestimating efforts needed for software.

Greetings
Marc