[Pdns-users] Few query about PDNS

kalpesh thaker kalpesh at webdevworld.com
Mon Dec 17 12:46:52 UTC 2012

On 17/12/2012 14:08, Manish Rane wrote:

> Absolutely wondering if check scripts from nagios can be utilized for
> the same and of course with lower TTL values to have the changes
> propagated rapidly.
>
> I personally have just started using power dns hence not sure about
> changing zones from sql backend but I believe this could be possible.
>
> I sincerely urge pdns masters if they would like to spare some time
> and write a quick php or bash script which could do this trick.

this kind of function is more suited to a HA service such as heartbeat,
on an internal network...rather than on a public DNS server. i would
think it to be a very inefficient (and incorrect) way to address your
issue of server downtime.. especially with DNS propagation and caching
on 3rd party recursors..which you wont have much control over.

regards,

kalpesh