[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor & Upstart

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Dec 12 15:56:32 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 11:25 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

>     I don't see why this is happening.  A manual "start pdns-recursor"
>     works just fine - so the problem isn't the execution from Upstart,
>     but there must be some timing/event issue I'm not seeing.  Any ideas?
>

> It just a wild guess, but might it be that your recursor tries to
> listen on a specific IP address that is not available at that time yet?
I'm thinking that's the problem.  My pdns_server listens to a default *,
while the recursor has specific IP's given in local-address - and those
interfaces probably aren't up at that point.

How do I have the recursor listen on everything?  The default is just
the local and I need it on the external IP's.
--
Daniel