[Pdns-users] MSG SIZE exceeds 512 bytes

abang abang at t-ipnet.net
Wed Dec 5 14:40:09 UTC 2012

Hello Peter,

that explains a lot. Does the Recursor full support EDNS0? I ask because
there is no "OPT PSEUDOSECTION" in the dig output. Is this pesudosection
not mandatory?

Example:

dig +noanswer +nostats +edns=0 @nameserver

; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> +noanswer +nostats +edns=0 @nameserver
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 13, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;.                              IN      NS