[Pdns-users] RRSIG records not served by slave server

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Wed Aug 15 09:57:29 UTC 2012

Hello Marc,

On Aug 15, 2012, at 11:27 , Marc van de Geijn wrote:

> Our configuration is 2 powerdns servers, both running the latest stable 3.1 version. Master/slave sync using AXFR. The primary DNS server is responding to ‘dig RRSIG <domain> @ns1.<…>’ and returns the requested DNS records. But, although showing the same updated SOA record, does not return the requested DNS records. In the AXFR response the RRSIG records are present.
>
> Does anybody know why the slave server is not serving the RRSIG records? Or is this a known bug?

It's a known missing feature. We have not, so far, heard of good reasons to implement it (other than consistency with master behaviour) and as such it is not on our radar. In fact, nobody so far has bothered to open a ticket for it.

If you want this feature, please open a ticket - and if at all possible, please explain in the ticket why having this feature is important! Pointing to an RFC that says we should would also help (I have not found one yet).

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/