[Pdns-users] verifying zone data

aldus jung aldusj99 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 05:25:55 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

Thanks for clarifying that 'pdnssec check-zone' does more than checking
DNSSEC specific syntax.
We want to be able to check records to ensure that MX, SRV, and NS records
refer to A record, check whether MX records refer to CNAMEs or not.  Also
whether there exists CNAMEs that are same as the zone name.

Ideally it would be good to have all the checks that bind's named-checkzone
provided, that would be relevant in a pdns zone.

If there is a documentation that's available on what exactly check-zone
checks, that would be really helpful.

thanks again.

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Peter van Dijk <peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl