[Pdns-users] verifying zone data

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Sat Aug 4 10:16:45 UTC 2012

Hi Aldus,

On Aug 4, 2012, at 2:19 , Aldus Jung wrote:

> I believe that checks for dnssec correctness, which isn't equivalent to named-checkzone in bind 9. Are there any other utilities for checking non-dnssec zone?   Looks like we may have to write our own validator tool.  Thanks.

pdnssec check-zone checks many things, not just DNSSEC correctness. It will often catch syntax errors in content fields as well, for example.

Please give it a shot; and if you see things it should have spotted but did not, please let us know! We would prefer to have your validator work be part of pdnssec rather than a separate tool that does not benefit all PowerDNS users.

And yes, pdnssec is a very confusing name here. Our apologies for that!

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/