[Pdns-users] TinyDNS Backend questions

xbgmsharp xbgmsharp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:53:58 UTC 2012

Hello,

According to the documentation
(http://doc.powerdns.com/tinydnsbackend.html), the TinyDNS backend is
marked as experimental!
It this statement still true?

We are currently using tinydns and djbdns in all our infrastructure.
We are thinking in moving to Powerdns to support new feature.
However before doing a big move, we would rater make the move in
multiple step.
The first step would be to use Powerdns with TinyDNS backend.
The second step would be to move from TinyDNS backend to a database
backend.
This second step require a rewrite of our DNS tools and it will take
longer.

Our data.cdb is file is around 18M.

Do you think it is safe to use Powerdns with TinyDNS backend in
production?

Regards,
Francois