[Pdns-users] Recursor sends SERVFAIL instead of REFUSED

Tibor Benke ihrwein at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:19:08 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

I have an authoritative server with version 2.9.22 and a recursor with
3.2. These run on debian squezee. I have a network and the hosts of
this network have public IP addresses. I would like to run the
recursive and the authoritative server on the same host. Currently the
authoritative server is in front of the recursor. The authoritative
listens on the port 53 and if the request is not authoritative for the
query it passes it to the recursor that listens on [::1]:10053 and
127.0.0.1:10053.

I would like to enable the recursion only on my network, meanwhile the
whole world should reach the authoritative server.

Sincerely,
Tibor