[Pdns-users] Recursor sends SERVFAIL instead of REFUSED

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Apr 26 13:42:27 UTC 2012

Hi Tibor,

On Apr 26, 2012, at 13:54 , Peter van Dijk wrote:

> Hi Tibor,
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 12:41 , Tibor Benke wrote:
>
>> I have a recursor behind the authoritative server. The recursion is
>> only authorized internally.
>> If I make an external query recursion I get a SERVFAIL answer not a REFUSED.
>>
>> I would like to get a REFUSED answer. It is possible?
>> The version of my recursor is 3.2.
>
> Recursor 3.4(-pre) drops the query instead of returning anything. This is not configurable.

I misread - I missed that you said 'behind the authoritative server'.

When I test here (with auth 3.1-RC2) I get NOERROR, not SERVFAIL. Can you tell us more
about your setup (version of auth, configs of both)?

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/