[Pdns-users] Forward-only recursor

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Thu Sep 29 22:37:06 UTC 2011

On 9/29/2011 10:40 AM, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> On Sep 29, 2011, at 4:59 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>
>> How can I setup the recursor to query caching servers, like my ISP's, instead of contacting the root servers and doing the complete resolution?
> Putting
>
>    forward-zones-recurse=.=8.8.8.8
>
> in recursor.conf should do the trick.

Thank you.  Two new questions:

1.  How will that "global" forward interact with a forward-zones-file,
which has specific servers for internal domains?

2.  I tried the harder method - creating a root-hint file using
8.8.4.4.  Other than convenience, or lack thereof, does this work
differently that the forward-zone-recurse parameter?

--
Daniel