[Pdns-users] MySQL Multi-Master configuration?

Jon Davis maillist at konsoletek.com
Sat Sep 17 19:40:35 UTC 2011

I just wanted to kick in my 2 cents.  I run about 50 domains for my company
off a PDNS/MySQL setup on 5 geographically diverse servers (OpenVPN
connecting them). We skipped the multi-master simply because (for us) the
records aren't changing that much.  If the master goes down, big whoop, we
loose a single name server (Because the master DB is also a name server)...
the other 4 slaves (slash name servers) will keep running and keep serving.

You have to screw up purdy bad to break it. The only major concerns I have
are replication failing. openvpn failing (and replication failing)... but
the biggest concern is user error (IE "update `records` set content='1.2.3'
where 1"... whoops).

-Jon