[Pdns-users] Big difference between udp-answers and udp4-answers

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Fri Sep 16 10:59:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sep 16, 2011, at 12:14 PM, BH wrote:

> I have a similar question with the stats. While my stats almost match up for udp-answers and udp4-answers, for udp-queries and udp4-queries they do not match. Anyone have any idea what the difference is?
>
> udp-answers=140880275
> udp-queries=42926316
> udp4-queries=140880311
> udp6-queries=0

It turns out this is a bug - it occurs when receiver-threads is set to a number higher than 1. Basically, udp-queries only counts queries that arrived in thread 0, while udp4-queries counts queries over all threads total.

I've made a note of this issue for myself and will likely fix it soon. Thanks for the report!

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk