[Pdns-users] control socket permissions

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Wed Sep 14 15:49:11 UTC 2011

Hello Klaus,

On Sep 14, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Can I somehow set the permissions of the control socket or is "sudo
> pdns_control ..." the only way to send commands to pdns from a
> non-privileged user?

If 'setgid' is _not_ present in pdns.conf, socket permissions default to root:root and whatever the active umask yields.

If 'setgid' _is_ present, powerdns will run with that group ID; the socket will be set to that group ID too and permissions on the socket will be changed to 660.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk