[Pdns-users] DDNS support or workaround?

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 09:20:56 UTC 2011

Thomas,

> These dhcp client
> implementation are unstable and if I had Mac addresses, dhcp client
> options and so in a database along with a history that would make
> debugging and finding devices with a bad firmware a lot easier.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. :-)

You wrote:

>> I've thought about patching isc dhcpd to fill a mysql database or
>> about writing a new dhcp server based on for example dhcp4java

If all you want is for the DHCP server to add entries to a database, and
if you're using ISC DHCPD, have you considered using the "execute"
statement [1] to do that?

> And the dhcpstatus.cgi script could be rewritten to lightning speed...

I'm not aware of what dhcpstatus.cgi does. :)

Regards,

        -JP

[1]: http://jpmens.net/2011/07/06/execute-a-script-when-isc-dhcp-hands-out-a-new-lease/