[Pdns-users] evaluating powerdns web frontends

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Wed Oct 19 10:24:57 UTC 2011

On 19/10/2011 1:15 ΌΌ, Angel Bosch Mora wrote:

> I just want to point that in case you use LDAP as backend there's a lot of customizable LDAP clients you can use.

Angel, with such tools you manage the database, not DNS.

Frontends (should) allow easy creation/maintenance of domains and RRs
with auto creation of reverse records, multiple automatic sanity checks
etc, which are not done by simple management tools. In a few words, they
are DNS-centric and not database-centric.

As with LDAP, I remind you that it is in unmaintained status! (At least
v2.9.22 works decently.)

Nick