[Pdns-users] Constantly increasing memory usage

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.com
Mon Oct 17 21:03:20 UTC 2011

Stefan Schmidt wrote:

>> We are using power dns 2.9.21 (We had that installed for us, so I am not
>> 100% sure if this is really the exact version, is there a way to check?).
>
> rpm -qa pdns-server should tell if i remember correctly.

The package we have installed from the EPEL repository is just called pdns, so your suggestion wouldn't work for us. But if the package was obtained form another source, then it might be named differently. The RPM packages at http://powerdns.com/content/downloads.html are named pdns-static for instance. You also don't need -a (query/verify all) when quering for a package version, just 'rpm -q <package>' will do.

A package manager agnostic way to determine your PowerDNS version is to just ask for it directly using the pdns_control binary:

	pdns_control version

Nils.