[Pdns-users] evaluating powerdns web frontends

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Wed Oct 19 09:51:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm looking to compile an overview of existing PowerDNS front ends. So far I have found:
- http://code.google.com/p/djdns/
- http://code.google.com/p/freshdns/
- http://code.google.com/p/pdns-gui/
- http://code.google.com/p/pdns-ror-admin/
- http://code.google.com/p/pdnsadministrator/
- http://code.google.com/p/pdnsfront/
- http://code.google.com/p/powerdns-webinterface/
- http://kennethkalmer.github.com/powerdns-on-rails/
- http://moxiefoxtrot.com/2009/01/07/powerdns-web-frontend/
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdnsadmin/
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/powerdnsadmin/
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/zoneadmin/
- http://tupa-dns.org/
- http://www.nicmus.com/community.html
- http://www.nictool.com/
- https://webdns.bountysource.com/ (expired ssl cert)
- https://www.poweradmin.org/trac/

As part of a full hosting control panel:
- http://gnupanel.org/

Related and interesting:
- http://www.darkaslight.com/projects/zoneman
- http://code.google.com/p/pdns-tools/

What I am looking for:
- any projects I missed
- any and all opinions on any of the projects above
- what information you would like to see in an overview of existing projects (I'm thinking of 'does it do mysql', 'does it do postgres', 'does it do users, resellers, etc.', 'what does it cost', 'how does it handle reverse DNS')

I'm aware that some of these projects may be dead, dying or even stillborn. I haven't looked closely at any of them yet (but I will, after I collect even more information).

I intend to publish the overview on the PowerDNS wiki when it's done, in the hope that frontend maintainers will update the page when they change their software :)

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk