[Pdns-users] powerdns authoritative server and recursor on one system

IRCHeaven Technical Support tech at ircheaven.net
Wed Oct 12 21:14:32 UTC 2011

Dear Users,

I have a question

I have running pdns authoritative server and recursor on one system running.

The authoritative server running on port 53 and recursor on port 5300 but if
I try to do ping google.com he gives no reply on it.

I have set this in pdns.conf

#################################

# recursor      If recursion is desired, IP address of a recursing
nameserver

#

recursor=192.168.1.1:5300

and in recursor.conf

#################################

# local-address IP addresses to listen on, separated by spaces or commas.
Also accepts ports.

#

local-address=127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.1

#################################

# local-port    port to listen on

#

local-port=5300

maby I have missed something or I forget something to define

is there a documentation how to set the options for this?

Best Regards,

Patrick  |  Hostmaster, Sysadmin  |  IRCHeaven  |
<mailto:tech at ircheaven.net> Tech at IRCHeaven.net |

"The information in this e-mail is meant for the exclusive use of the
addressee and may contain confidential information. No part of this
information may be made public, copied, spread, or used in other way, by
anyone apart from the addressee. If this mail should reach you by accident,
inform the sender and remove the mail from your system. The contents of the
e-mail may be wrong or incomplete. No rights can be derived from the
contents of the e-mail."