[Pdns-users] Status of the LDAP backend in 3.0 release

Chris Russell Chris.Russell at knowledgeit.co.uk
Mon May 2 21:10:36 UTC 2011

Hi Bert,

 Only one I`m aware of is/was PlusNet (http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/03/13/about-the-plusnet-authoritative-dns-system/) - and this follows on from Nicks new posting on usage. It makes life easier to justify when you name companies :)

> It may also be a bit much to ask ISC to recommend PowerDNS! ;-)

 Yeah, some of the looks on the developers faces were quite interesting =o)

> i) Is there a correct Schema for MySQL ?  I seem to have found 2 .. one
> The 'generic MySQL' one is the one to use.

 Thanks for this.

> Hmm, this may be due to http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/changeset/2189 and
> http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-dev/2011-April/000945.html

> Can you see if you can reproduce this issue against build 2189, which can be found on http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/ and
 Will do and will feed back.

>  One thing I will say though, the Bind 10 roadmap does look rather interesting, almost giving a powershell type environment to Bind.
> Who knows where PowerDNS is three years from now. I wish BIND 10 the best of luck.
 As do it, that said, think PDNS may be the way to go for our AUth stuff - ironically my design pretty much matches the plusnet design :)

Cheers

Chris

Knowledge I.T.
'Unifying Business Technology'
www.knowledgeit.co.uk

Knowledge Limited, Company Registration: 1554385
Registered Office: New Century House, Crowther Road, Washington, Tyne & Wear. NE38 0AQ
Leeds Office: Viscount Court, Leeds Road, Rothwell, Leeds. LS26 0GR

Tel: 0845 142 0020. Fax: 0845 142 0021

E-Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Knowledge IT may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward, or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.