[Pdns-users] Forward IPv6 Requests?

Maik Zumstrull maik at zumstrull.net
Wed Mar 30 18:00:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 18:41, Pascal R. <repa182 at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,
> my PDNS currently do IPv4 recursion with the following config:
> recursor=8.8.8.8
>
> How can i add an IPV6 Recorder to the pdns.conf ?

I believe that is currently not supported, and the functionality may
not be added. In fact, the recursor= option might be removed entirely,
because mixed auth/rec is a bad idea.

Fortunately, it should be unnecessary. You can ask for IPv6 records
while talking to the recursor over IPv4 and vice-versa. You can also
lookup records only available over IPv6 as long as the recursor has a
v6 interface; you can still send your question to the recursor over v4
in this case.

Google Public DNS doesn't support IPv6-only authoritative nameservers
at this time, but they will add that functionality when it seems
necessary.