[Pdns-users] How to define minimum TTL for any domain?

Stefan Schmidt zaphodb at zaphods.net
Wed Mar 16 17:54:20 UTC 2011

Hi Alfred,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Alfred B. M. Cordero <
otto-pilot at hushmail.com> wrote:

> There is a domain that has a 60 second TTL. This is too low for us.
> The minimum needs to be made higher. Can we do with powerdns? If
> this allowed by the RFC to have it 60 seconds but it doesn't seem
> well. The settings in the conf file for minimum settings seem to
> all say "Don't change".
>
> Also why are settings in the conf that "Don't change". It might
> seem to show poorly on the product.

As far as i know all TTLs can be changed with PowerDNS Server, which are you
referring to?
I am not aware of any pdns.conf file saying "Don't change" in this context,
however they usually are customized by your distribution and administrator.

Also important to know: which backend(s) are you using with PowerDNS Server?

best regards,

 Stefan