[Pdns-users] Some sites are not resolving

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Mar 15 12:46:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:52:34AM +0000, Maroon Ibrahim wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
> I have PDNS Recursor installed and everything is working properly except the following problem
> I can't resolve www.indevcogroup.com knowing that if I use our ISP's DNS it will resolve normally... is there a way to solve this problem?

One of their nameservers is messed up. If you get the right one
it will work, otherwise it will not. Your ISP could also have
a cached copy which would allow it to seem to work. You should
contact their domain admin.

> nslookup -type=ns indevcogroup.com
Server:  dns-b.net.rice.edu
Address:  10.129.92.32

Non-authoritative answer:
indevcogroup.com        nameserver = ns1.sodetel.net.lb
indevcogroup.com        nameserver = ns2.sodetel.net.lb

> nslookup www.indevcogroup.com 89.108.128.44
Server:  ns1.sodetel.net.lb
Address:  89.108.128.44

Name:    www.indevcogroup.com
Address:  89.108.154.6

> nslookup www.indevcogroup.com 89.108.129.77
*** Can't find server name for address 89.108.129.77: Query refused
*** Default servers are not available

Cheers,
Ken