[Pdns-users] how do query the recursor cache to see what's in it?

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Wed Mar 9 22:30:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 02:19:48PM -0800, Alfred B. M. Cordero wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a way to see what is in the recursor 3.3 cache?
> A command or tool?
>
> Is there a web page that shows results of tests for nightly
> pdns recursor builds?
>
> We see that if the network is busy that the recursor doesn't work
> well
> or sometime work at all.

You can use "rec_control dump-cache filename" but the
recursor will not answer queries while that cache is being
dumped.

Have you checked your network gear to see if you are
discarding network packets. UDP is prone to that and
it could cause service problems. But I would not
attribute them to the recursor...

Cheers,
Ken