[Pdns-users] Malformed messages when not in cache

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Mar 5 09:11:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 07:38:36PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> We have a record set up with the BIND backend as follows:
>
> testing                 IN      CNAME
> gci-prod-lb-000000000.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com.
>
> When you query it right after a service restart, you get:

Wow, that is weird. Can you setup an isolated reproduction? So a pdns.conf,
named.conf and a zonefile that reproduces the problem? And ship that to me?

I've setup a domain.com zone that is similar to what you report, and it
works fine here.

This of course does not mean that I don't believe you, but I also can't
solve your problem.

> should reduce its occurrence.  Are there any other ways to work
> around this at the moment? And more importantly, do I have the issue
> identified correctly?  I don't want to just be waiting for 3.0
> hoping that will fix the problem when really it's something silly
> I've missed.

Once you have a reproduction case, we can tell.

	Bert