[Pdns-users] [gmysql] How about add CLIENT_MULTI_RESULTS to smysql.cc ?

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at register.it
Tue Mar 8 15:44:25 UTC 2011

Hi,
we're configuring to pdns with a MySQL backend, and using stored
procedures to query the database.

Sadly, we're facing a problem since mysql_real_connect() in smysql.cc
does not have the CLIENT_MULTI_RESULTS argument, needed[1][2] to fetch
multiple rows from a stored proc.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/c-api-multiple-queries.html
[2] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-real-connect.html

We're about to apply the attached patch and recompile pdns, but I'd like
to hear from you what do you think about it and if you'd like to
consider it for inclusion in the pdns upstream source code.

Regards,
Sandro

PS: this is a known problem:
http://old.nabble.com/gmysql-backend-and-stored-procedures-td19035294.html