[Pdns-users] Trouble compiling pdns 2.9.22 on Centos

Florian G. florian_2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 16:17:08 UTC 2011

Hey Nick,

Thank you!!! You saved the day!

Your suggestion to use yum groupinstall "Development Tools" solved my problem: I was able to run .configure without any errors now!

I did got stuck again when running make, though...

This one says:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so when searching for -lmysqlclient
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a when searching for -lmysqlclient
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgmysqlbackend.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/pdns-2.9.22/modules/gmysqlbackend'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/pdns-2.9.22/modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/pdns-2.9.22'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I do not need mysql.

In fact, I'll only try pdns with bind and geo. How did you instruct it to compile without mysql?

I ran
./configure --with-dynmodules="geo"
but I guess somehow it still tries to compile all the modules, not just the module I want.

I think I read somewhere I should modify the end of the configure.in file?

Or maybe delete the directories for modules I do not want from the source code?

Or maybe I should just continue with make install and ignore these errors?

Thank you.

Florian