[Pdns-users] Trouble compiling pdns 2.9.22 on Centos

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Jun 17 20:52:29 UTC 2011

On 17/6/2011 6:48 μμ, Florian G. wrote:

> Thank you very much for the info, I'll try atrpms tonight! Did you put CXXFLAGS before ./configure?
>
> I did install pdns from the EPEL rpm, it's just that I have an idea or two about tweaking the geo backend for my specific needs -- that's why I need to compile from source.

I only did:
./configure --with-modules="ldap"

and this worked fine. If you use the boost packages from atrpms, you
don't need to add any CXXFLAGS for boost.

If I remember right, to install the boost packages from atrpms, I
added/enabled the repo and then I ran:

    yum install boost.x86_64 boost-devel.x86_64

This should install all boost RPMs (which are numerous) by resolving
dependencies.

Note, also, that when I tried to compile mysql backend, it didn't
succeed (I haven't found a solution on that).

Good luck.
Nick