[Pdns-users] Trouble compiling pdns 2.9.22 on Centos

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Jun 17 10:50:25 UTC 2011

Use boost packages (RPM) boost-*-1.39.0-9.el5 from the atrpms repo
(http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el5/boost/).

You can enable atrpms repo just to install the above packages using yum
and then disable it again.

I found they work nicely.

Yet, I still had problems compiling (dev 3.0 versions) with MySQL
support, but I compiled fine with LDAP support (which is my main interest).

However, why would you want to compile 2.9.22 for CentOS ? Use for example:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/pdns-2.9.22-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
or
http://centos.karan.org/el5/extras/testing/x86_64/RPMS/pdns-2.9.22-7.el5.kb.x86_64.rpm

Good luck,