[Pdns-users] The Lua Backend for PowerDNS

fredrik danerklint fredan-pdns at fredan.org
Sun Jun 5 21:20:29 UTC 2011

> > Fun news (I hope for all of you out there)!
>
> It is to me ;-) My love affair with Lua is not ending yet!

Me too. I probably have a few other things that I can see that benefits of
Lua.

> I've merged this contribution in 2208, and added it to the default deb and
> rpm builds. To be fair, this is going to be 'experimental' in 3.0 (which
> really needs to be released).
>
> Thanks Fredrik!

Your welcome!

> Can you test if I got the merge right in tarball, rpm & deb?

I've checked out the source code and it compiled fine for me.

I think that the include directory in 'Makefile.am' for Lua should be an
parameter from the configurations script. You allready have this, don't you?

It would be very nice if there was an ./configure --with-luajit as well, since
that will give a good boost too. There is two things that needs to be changed
to have this to work.

First the include directory with the -DUSE_LUAJIT (for two more libraries to
be loaded at startup: 'bit' and 'jit') and also the -llua5.1changed to
-lluajit-5.1 in both 'Makefile.am' and 'OBJECTLIBS'.

--
//fredan