[Pdns-users] Not Authoritative for AAAA when label does not exist in zone?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Jul 25 19:52:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:39:37PM -0700, Zane Thomas wrote:
> The backend is mine, in getSOA I always set auth=true for bar.com. The
> backend is not DNSSEC enabled.

Could you pretty please with sugar on top mention with any bug report that
you are running based on a backend you wrote yourself? I hunted through half
of PowerDNS & expanded the regression tests (which in the end is a good
thing) because I could not see how PowerDNS could be doing what you report
it to be doing.

If your own code is involved that changes everything.

> Jul 25 12:31:51 After first ANY query: weDone=0, weHaveUnauth=1,
> weRedirected=0
> Jul 25 12:31:51 Have unauth data, so need to hunt for best NS records

Here is your answer, in some way your backend sent back a record with
auth=0, leading powerdns to drop the AA.

I see from your logging that your backend thinks it is setting auth=1, but
powerdns is (probably) not making up the 'weHaveUnauth=1'.

Please doublecheck your code.

	Bert

--
PowerDNS Website: http://www.powerdns.com/