[Pdns-users] Error with pdns v3.0 RC3 with LDAP backend - queries return wrong results after backend connection is lost and re-established

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Jul 22 17:32:16 UTC 2011

On 21/7/2011 2:05 ΌΌ, Nick Milas wrote:

> What I found by further testing (disabled recursor running on the same
> machine) is that, after pdns loses connection with ldap server, when
> ldap is available again pdns hangs...

As a follow-up, I would like to note that this problem seems to have
been partly resolved in v3.0 (final). I am running v3.0 Kees' CentOS
RPMs with LDAP backend.

When the connection to the backend db (LDAP Server) is lost and
re-established, there is no more pdns hanging, but results returned to
DNS queries continue to be not always correct for the authoritative
domain *when there is a pdns-recursor running on the same machine* (our
normal setup).

I don't know what is happening, but "lazy-recursion=no", and all cache
values are configured 0.

If the recursor service is stopped, pdns provides correct replies for
the authoritative domain.

Please advise.

Nick