[Pdns-users] DNSSec for other backends?

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Sat Jan 22 12:34:16 UTC 2011

Hi Nick

> We would really appreciate any info you might be able to provide
> regarding upgrading plans for the LDAP backend, esp. considering there
> is an upcoming 3.0 release.
>
> For example, besides DNSSec support (see below), I am aware of issues
> 313 (associated with 317), 318 (on which a discussion was made here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pdns-users@mailman.powerdns.com/msg03357.html and
> I am confident that a solution can be found), 323 (which is the same
> with 260 as I later found).
>
> Thanks for your invaluable role to the PowerDNS project.

I've already thought for some time about my role as the maintainer of
the PowerDNS LDAP (and OpenDBX) backend. Due to my lack of time, I
wasn't able in the last year to care much about the backends I
originally wrote. Unfortunately, this situation won't get better in the
future as I'm currently leading the development of a new shop system for
my company, which is a very fascinating and time consuming project. My
lack of knowledge regarding DNSSEC is another reason why I don't see a
chance for me to add support for this to both backends.

It would be great if someone else with much more knowledge and time
would be able to add support for DNSSEC to both backends. Being a
confident advocate of open source software, I know my work regarding the
backends won't be in vain and it will survive even if I drop out.

Best wishes to all users and developers of the great PowerDNS project

Norbert