[Pdns-users] IPv6 DNS doesn't work

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Mon Jan 17 20:11:21 UTC 2011

On 17.01.2011 20:12 CE(S)T, Darren Gamble wrote:
> You'll need the "query-local-address6" directive to get outgoing IPv6 to
> work.  This instructs the recursor what address to bind to for this.

I found that setting the "all" address of :: works just as fine. I don't
even need to sepcify my (primary) IPv6 address with this option. Is that
okay? Will it use any one of the locally registered IPv6 addresses, for
"increased spoofing resilience" like with the 'query-local-address'
option? There's plenty of IPv6 addresses on my system for virtual web
hosts, but all of them except for the primary one are marked as
"deprecated" so that they won't be used for normal outgoing IPv6
connections.