[Pdns-users] Zone2sql Question

Josh Barron jbarron at zayo.com
Mon Jan 31 19:21:44 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have a directory of reverse DNS zones exported into txt files from a
proprietary DNS system (not bind).  They are exported in valid BIND
format, unfortunately, they did not include a named.conf file.

I would like to NOT have to parse each of these by hand, as there are
several hundred, nor would I like to manually write a named.conf file
for zone2sql to parse automatically.

I can't seem to find anything out there that can generate a named.conf
from a directory of zone files, so I'm stuck with possibly some kind of
a bash/perl script that might be able to do this for me?

Has anyone run into this problem in the past or I am stuck having to do
this by hand?

Josh Barron
System Administrator | Zayo Bandwidth