[Pdns-users] Changing replies from PowerDNS

abcdef ghijkl saltessio3 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:00:46 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I use PowerDNS with mysql backend (from debian package version 2.9.21).
Sometimes I have problem with recently added subdomains. As you can see
below, my DNS server in one request replies with 2 opposite information
(resolved correct IP and domain non exists). In effect, subdomain looks for
application like it's not exists.

root at domain:~# host newsubdomain.domain.com dns.domain.com
Using domain server:
Name: dns.domain.com
Address: 1.1.1.1#53
Aliases:

newsubdomain.domain.com has address 1.1.1.1
Host newsubdomain.domain.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
root at domain:~#

After ~1 hour (nothing has been changed):

root at prymus:~# host newsubdomain.domain.com dns.domain.com
Using domain server:
Name: dns.domain.com
Address: 1.1.1.1#53
Aliases:

newsubdomain.domain.com has address 1.1.1.1
root at domain:~#

Now, everything is ok.
This happens quite random a few times in 2 weeks after creating subdomain
and later everything is ok (probably).

Where I should start my research to resolve this quite strange problem?

Best Regards.