[Pdns-users] Auto SOA record serial

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Wed Dec 7 11:44:10 UTC 2011

Hello Nick,

On Dec 7, 2011, at 9:39 , Nick Douma wrote:

> On 06-12-11 22:51, Cosimo Streppone wrote:
>> By any chance, are you using the pipe backend?
>
> No, I am using the Generic MySQL backend, and PowerDNS 3.0 using the
> static package from the website. OS is Ubuntu 10.04 64bit.

The generic MySQL backend in 3.0 does not support auto serial (as noted, admittedly not very obviously, at http://doc.powerdns.com/generic-mypgsql-backends.html). 3.1-pre (current SVN) adds this feature.

Note that auto serial is an expensive feature - it involves the equivalent of a zone transfer, internally.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk