[Pdns-users] Running PowerDNS with live signing in master mode

Rickard Dahlstrand rd at tilde.se
Sun Dec 18 18:47:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I use gmysql as my backend without support for automatically updating the SOA serial.

How will the server behave if I just leave it in live signing mode for a couple of weeks without updating the serial? Will it update it for me and send notifies to my slaves? Or will it leave the SOA and update the slaves anyway? How does it make sure the slaves are running updated signatures?

Also, I just used the pdnssec secure-zone-command, so I assume I'm in live signing mode, right?

I'm using pdns-3.1-pre.20111215.2319.

Kind Regards, Rickard.