[Pdns-users] Hidden slave doesn't retreive domain from master

Enrico van Goor enrico.vangoor at isp.solcon.nl
Fri Aug 26 14:09:14 UTC 2011

Hi Ton,

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 14:48 +0200, Ton van Rosmalen wrote:

> Hi Enrico,
>

> Op 26-8-2011 14:23, Enrico van Goor schreef:
> >
> > On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 21:42 +0200, Posner, Sebastian wrote:
> >   <snip>
> >     mysql> select * from supermasters;
> >     +------------+------------------+---------+
> >     | ip         | nameserver       | account |
> >     +------------+------------------+---------+
> >     | 10.12.3.50 | master.example.com | admin  |
> >     +------------+------------------+---------+
> >     1 row in set (0.00 sec)
> >
> Maybe I'm mistaken again but if this the non-changed output of the query
> you need to change the nameserver-record.
>
> AFAIK this must contain the name of the primary nameserver-name (or
> maybe a valid nameservers) as available in the zone.
> For example, if you use ns1.solcon.nl as primary NS-record you need to
> have 'ns1.solcon.nl' as the nameserver-record in de supermasters-table.

I'm testing anycast in combination with powerdns. The IP-addressen in
the NS records are configured in a BGP domain on a few routers. The DNS
have a real IP which is different from the IP addressen advertised in
the domain records. That's why I use the also-notify option.

I'm not testing on our production platform, but in a lab.
master.example.com Is the supermaster in my lab. This needs to be hidden
from the internet and is used to provision the superslaves. The
superslaves are accessed through the anycast addresses, which pass the
DNS request to 1 of the nodes (superslaves).

Regards,

Enrico