[Pdns-users] Hidden slave doesn't retreive domain from master

Posner, Sebastian s.posner at telekom.de
Fri Aug 26 13:42:12 UTC 2011

Ton van Rosmalen wrote:
> >   <snip>
> >     mysql> select * from supermasters;
> >     +------------+------------------+---------+
> >     | ip         | nameserver       | account |
> >     +------------+------------------+---------+
> >     | 10.12.3.50 | master.example.com | admin  |
> >     +------------+------------------+---------+
> >     1 row in set (0.00 sec)
> >
> Maybe I'm mistaken again but if this the non-changed output of the
> query you need to change the nameserver-record.
>
> AFAIK this must contain the name of the primary nameserver-name (or
> maybe a valid nameservers) as available in the zone.
> For example, if you use ns1.solcon.nl as primary NS-record you need to
> have 'ns1.solcon.nl' as the nameserver-record in de supermasters-table.

In this regard, "primary nameserver" is the nameserver mentioned
in the SOA of the zone. So it's not necessarily the first NS-record
in the zone; it doesn't even need to be part of the NS-Set at all.

@bert hubert: If the log-message Enrico gave in his original message
is what is logged in this case, developer should think about improving
the information content of the log-message to prevent error-seeking
in wrong places ;)

kind regards,

Sebastian
--