[Pdns-users] Hidden slave doesn't retreive domain from master

Enrico van Goor enrico.vangoor at isp.solcon.nl
Fri Aug 26 12:23:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 21:42 +0200, Posner, Sebastian wrote:

> > > The supermasters table needs an entry for the hidden master. Something like:
> > >     ip                                   nameserver
> > >                      account
> > >     <hidden master ip>    <name of primary nameserver>        internal
> > >
> > > Do you already have such an entry?
> >
> > Yes, the supermasters table does have an entry for the hidden master.
>
> The problem is in your backend. Not all backends support
> superslave-operations, as this mode needs the ability to
> dynamically create new zones.
>
> Which backend(s) do you use and how are they configured?

I use MySQL as the backend for powerdns. I think is is well configured,
because when I add the NS record of the slave to the domain it is added
to the hidden slave.

    allow-recursion=0.0.0.0/0
    allow-axfr-ips=10.12.3.50
    config-dir=/etc/powerdns
    daemon=yes
    disable-axfr=yes
    disable-tcp=no
    guardian=yes
    launch=gmysql
    lazy-recursion=yes
    local-address=10.12.3.52
    local-port=53
    module-dir=/usr/lib/powerdns
    setgid=pdns
    setuid=pdns
    master=yes
    slave=yes
    slave-cycle-interval=60
    socket-dir=/var/run
    version-string=powerdns
    gmysql-host=127.0.0.1
    gmysql-user=poweradmin
    gmysql-password=secret
    gmysql-dbname=powerdns
    gmysql-supermaster-query=select account from supermasters where
ip='%s'

    mysql> select * from supermasters;
    | ip         | nameserver       | account |
    | 10.12.3.50 | master.example.com | admin  |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Regards,

Enrico