[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Master / Slave

Ian Mordey ian.mordey at allurian.com
Fri Aug 5 18:03:44 UTC 2011

I have powerdns running perfectly using a MySQL cluster to store the data. The way I do it is have the pdns servers run a local copy of MySQL and replicate from the cluster. This eliminates downtime if the link between the geographically separate DNS servers and the master cluster is down. I don't have AXFR master/slave setup anywhere as any updates are made to the cluster table and this is replicated out to the local mysql instance.

Cheers
Ian