[Pdns-users] Recursor - Modifying requests?

Jon Davis maillist at konsoletek.com
Fri Aug 26 16:30:01 UTC 2011

Here's my setup: I use pdns server and pdns recursor inside of my
production environment.  Each location had it's own subdomain, ie
srv1.sfo.company.com, srv2.lax.company.com, etc.  I'm shutting one location
down and moving/renaming servers but would like the old names to get
answered with the new information (in case there is a legacy app that
doesn't get updated). I was hoping to do the programmatically rather than
dumping a bunch of records into the system.

I _thought_ the solution was a lua script.  The only issue is that it seems
lua can only "intercept" a request in advance and answer it.  If someone
knows how to use Lua to simply modify a request and let it pass, please let
me know.

Thanks
-Jon