[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor 3.3-hooks ... possible cache issue

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Apr 14 17:13:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:40:58AM -0700, Alfred B. M. Cordero wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:11:34 -0700 bert hubert
> <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> >Try reproducing with 'threads=1'. You may be seeing hits from
> >multiple separate caches.
>
> You are telling me that each thread maintains its own cache.
> I restarted with threads=1 but I still see the same.

Ok - in that case it may be good to know that the output of the Lua scripts
is only cached in the packet cache, and not within the main dns cache.

So whatever TTL you set, the result will not be cached for longer than
packetcache-ttl seconds. And only for *exactly* identical questions.

Perhaps this clarifies the situation?

	Bert