[Pdns-users] NOTIFY by pdns master with ldap backend in next authoritative server releases?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Wed Sep 29 09:03:30 UTC 2010

  Hi,

I didn't receive any replies on this.

As we are deploying a new DNS server infrastructure in our organization
and we have planned to use pdns/ldap on our primary master (already in
operation), it would be important to us to know whether NOTIFY from
pdns/ldap ("master operation") will be offered as a feature in upcoming
authoritative server releases or not, or if a patch or (Lua or other)
script is available by pdns developers/community to provide such NOTIFY
functionality (I haven't been able to find something).

This would affect to some extent our deployment architecture (type of
slaves, type of remote slaves, etc.), because, unfortunately, we can't
use ldap backend on all slaves, and we don't want those slaves to remain
not-synchronized for long, nor we can use very short refresh times.

Please, could you give a hint?
Thanks,
Nick